Natural Intelligence Farming - Haggerty
Ian and Dianne Haggerty have a life mission - to facilitate positive global change by rebuilding soils in semi-arid regions, producing chemical free premium food and fibre, and supporting the nutritional needs of a healthier humanity.
Ian and Dianne are the founders of Natural Intelligence Farming (NIF) - a holistic and integrated program of cropping and grazing, producing world-class lamb, wool and grains in Wyalkatchem, WA.
The NIF system is underpinned by Ian & Dianne's deep commitment to the regeneration of the fertility of the marginal soils of their semi-arid farming landscapes, using natural fertilisers, minimum tillage and a loving relationship with the environment and animals.
Over the years, Ian and Dianne have developed their own Merino stud and a working sheep flock from local and South Australian bloodlines. This indigenous flock has been bred to be totally acclimatised to the land they farm. Their production area is now spread over several holdings equalling 13,000 hectares of their own property, leased land and share-farming enterprises. This diversity has enabled more effective management across various landscape conditions and rainfall availability.
The result is the growth of healthy cereal plants to deliver high yields of premium grain and world class quality lamb, mutton and wool.The success of their Natural Intelligence system has translated into a flourishing regenerated pastoral landscape and produce that is in a class of its own - an example for the rest of Australia to follow!
Key Benefits of the Natural Intelligence Farming system:
- Carbon sequestration while producing optimal food and fibre production.
- Increased biodiversity, particularly microbiological biodiversity in soil.
- Nil chemical residues tested in grains grown.
- Nutritional balance in foods grown
- Elimination use of synthetic fertilisers.
- Increased microbiome, the number and diversity of microorganisms in an ecosystem such as the digestive system.
- Production of 100% pasture fed meat that is high in omega-3, conjugated linoleic acid, vitamin E and has greater mineral diversity.
- Greater reliability in grain crop yields.
- Crop disease resistance resulting in eliminated use of fungicides and pesticides.
- Lower energy requirement for agricultural production.
Perth Organics is proud to support Ian & Dianne Haggerty, offering a range of their world-class holistically grown, chemical free produce.
Click here to browse produce by Natural Intelligece Farming.
To find out more about the Natural Intelligence Farming system, click the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBGyPtY2JYw